Proper maintenance guidelines below will ensure years of worry free service for your screens. Invisible Screens Canada is committed to providing the best possible customer care and attention to you before and after your purchase.
Here are some tips:
- Screens should be retracted into protective storage housing when not in use.
- Spring loaded systems may retract suddenly. Do not push the mesh to release the magnet or latch. A safety feature releases the slide bar if the mesh is lightly bumped. Continual abuse will affect operation. When rolling the screen into the housing, ensure the mesh rolls evenly. Retracting the product with creases in the screen can cause wrinkles.
- Interruption of power can affect motorized unit operation. Ensure that power is still getting to the unit by checking circuit breakers and ground faults for resetting. Remotes (in wall and handheld) have a limited battery life. If the remote light does not come on when the buttons are depressed, the battery is exhausted.
- Insect screens are intended to provide reasonable insect control and are not intended to provide the retention and/or security of objects, animals or persons inside or outside your dwelling.
- Ensure tracks are kept free of dirt and debris which may cause the screen to perform poorly. Cleaning the tracks and lubricating them with silicone spray can restore smooth operation.
- Mesh fabric, housing tracks and slide bar can be cleaned with water and a soft brush but not with a pressure washer. A mild detergent like dish soap can be used, but do not use chemicals. After cleaning the mesh, allow it to dry before rolling it back up into the housing.